Rust Engineer (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are currently looking for a Rust software engineer to join our team in Paris. The team is the wefox’s Advanced Innovation Team and our focus, as a cross-functional team, is to leverage machine learning to improve the customer experience and to deliver innovative products and features like information extraction, message classification, recommendation, risk detection and risk prevention, using computer vision, natural language processing, multimodalities, time series, geolocated data, etc.
As a Rust software engineer, working on backend microservices and library development, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of the development with the responsibility of delivering: architecture, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of backend services and/or libraries.
- Design, implement, and deploy, with your agile team, distributed, high-volume, high-performance, low-latency backend micro services and libraries integrating machine learning models.
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle, and take ownership of your deployed services.
- Build modern systems using: micro services, Kubernetes, autoscaling, ML model serving, CI/CD
- Write good-designed, efficient code and tests.
- Work closely with product owners, DevOps, and quality assurance in an agile cross-functional team.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a strategic and continuous improvement mentality.
- Love for new technologies, clean architecture, and coding in a decoupled way.
What you bring:
- Atleast 2+ years of Development skills in Rust.
- Experience with API and services development.
- Experience in micro services architecture.
- Experience with relational or non-relational DB.
- Experience with actix-web or axum is a plus.
- Experience with docker, kubernetes, build and CI/CD tools is a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience in code/system optimization is a plus.
- Embrace ownership, autonomy, and agile methodology.
- Good English proficiency (Work in an international environment).
What we offer :
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit, and snacks because we need fuel!
* Additional benefits vary between countries and will be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
Your contact person for this role is Shivani Bhardwaj.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.