Sr. DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
About Us: wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
wefox platform is a Business Unit of wefox group focused on building a SaaS software (named wefox platform) with several experiences to enable
- Insurers to create products, and pre and post-sales policy service management workflows.
- Distributors & MGAs to discover products from various insurance companies, sell them ( via standardised Risk Analysis, Lead identification & conversion workflows), manage commissions
- Existing policyholders & potential policyholders to view & manage insurance policies in one place.
- Technology companies publish insurance tools in the form of APIs via a marketplace.
With wefox platform technology solutions, wefox provides our customers 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimises each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products.
What is your future team doing
Platform Cloud Infrastructure (PCI) team's mission is to design, build, and maintain a scalable, reliable, and secure infrastructure that empowers seamless and efficient technology operations. They strive to optimize system performance, enhance resource utilisation, and enable continuous innovation while ensuring high availability and robust security measures.
Their focus is on enabling reliable, efficient, and observable systems, empowering teams to deliver exceptional services to our customers.
The team consists of two highly proficient DevOps squads: Systems and SRE. Systems squad focuses on providing containerized Compute instances & data storage engines by utilizing fit-for-purpose AWS services; working on network security etc. Whereas the SRE squad focuses on delivering a framework on observability applied to all the services; Automation - Release management process. We also have a Support squad focused on addressing DevOps-related bugs and issues raised by other teams. The squad members rotate after each sprint for a well-rounded and collaborative approach
What your responsibilities will be:
- Understanding product and technical priorities across the platform.
- Consistent code delivery that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Creating and maintaining scalable, reliable, and performant services including deployment flows and infrastructure configuration scripts.
- Writing highly insightful, comprehensive code reviews.
- Mentoring less senior engineers within your squad.
- Having a broad understanding not only of your domain’s architecture but also of how it fits within the broader architecture.
- Contributing to a security-first mindset throughout your squad, committed to looking for and avoiding vulnerabilities.
- Innovating with and exploring new infrastructure-related technologies that have a potential positive impact on the company.
- Contributing to project estimation tasks.
What you bring:
- Atleast 4 years or more of experience as a Devops engineer
- Proficiency with Cloud Services such as AWS, CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure-as-code frameworks like Terraform or CloudFormation, and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting tool/language (Ansible, bash, python, etc).
- Some experience with SRE/monitoring or APM tools.
- A deep sense of ownership and a “can-do” attitude.
- Teamwork attitude.
- English proficiency (Work in an international environment).
You’ll get bonus points if you have:
- AWS or K8s certification
- Used to work with IaC (terraform, cloud formation)
- Working experience in DevSecOps
- Working experience with advanced networking
- Working experience with streaming clusters (Kafka, Rabbit…)
- Working experience with o11y (open telemetry, apms…)
- Working experience with service mesh
In our team, being tech-savvy and having great dedication to high-quality delivery are as equally valued as your authenticity, accountability, and team-player skills.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of.
Here are some of them*:
Flexible working hours including hybrid working
A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
Training and Coaching opportunities
Free coffee, fruit, and snacks because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Shivani Bhardwaj
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.