Principal Engineer (f/m/d)
Principal Engineer (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Tech team in Spain. Your daily work will primarily focus on creating, documenting, and evangelising modern solution architectures for one of wefox’s domains. You will work side by side with and provide leadership to a multidisciplinary and multicultural team distributed among our different offices around Europe.
In this role you will:
- Understand product and technical priorities within the domain.
- Create, document, and evangelize comprehensive, modern, performant, and reliable solution architectures.
- Align your solutions with the company’s business and technical strategic and tactical directions.
- Align your solutions with the company’s security standards and mandatory regulations and laws.
- Align your solutions with the company’s logging, monitoring, and alerting standards.
- Contribute to software developement.
- Ensure that your solutions consider both long-term and short-term needs, articulating north star visions as well as intermediary approaches that can be taken as steps toward the long-term vision.
- Ensure that your solutions are mindful of downstream and upstream impacts on other systems.
- Consistently evaluate tactical constraints in order to find alternatives, alleviate risks, and re-engineer your solutions if required.
- Understand, document, and provide technical direction related to architectural solutions chosen in the past, including those that are considered technical debt, and articulating the path to be taken from the current solution to their future solutions.
- Write clear, consistent documentation and drawing clear, consistent diagrams, in order to ensure that your solutions are easy to change, easy to scale, and easy to understand.
- Provide strategic technical direction within your domain in order to guide engineers toward using approved architectures.
What you bring:
- 6+ years experience as a Senior Software Engineer using Java, Spring, Mongo, Kafka and AWS.
- 2 years experience being a Staff/Senior Staff Engineer or similar working on modelling & implementation of core concepts such as authentication, authorisation of a large distributed SaaS software.
- Deep professional experience working with client/server applications, ReST/gRPC based web service.
- Deep professional experience with various types of scaled SQL/NoSQL databases, e.g Postgres, MongoDB.
- Deep professional experience creating scaled applications or services, with low latency requirements.
- A strong sense of big-picture vision and an ability to see the forest and not just the trees.
- A deep sense of ownership and a “can-do” attitude.
- The ability to give instructions and drive clean solutions in a collaborative way.
- A deep working knowledge of English is required; proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
In our team, being tech-savvy and having great dedication to high-quality delivery are as equally valued as your authenticity, accountability, and team-player skills.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Natalia Perez.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.