Senior Pricing Life &Health Actuary (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
As a Senior Pricing Life & Health Actuary (f/m/d) at wefox Insurance, you will be a key leader responsible for driving our pricing strategy in the Life & Health domain. Your primary focus will be on creating and managing a portfolio of innovative, customer-centric products. Working closely with the Head of Global MGA, you will be accountable for the line P&L and will champion best practices with an emphasis on efficiency and scalability.
For this role, you will be expected to relocate to either Berlin or Barcelona.
In this role you will:
- Designing and pricing Life & Health products and driving this area of expertise within the company.
- Leveraging your actuarial expertise to contribute to the product design of our MGA setup, ensuring that our insurance products are optimized for distribution.
- Playing a crucial part in developing our insurance platform by sharing ideas and knowledge to create reusable product designs and pricing models for Life & Health products.
- Championing the development of innovative insurance products that align with our business objectives and cater to our customers' needs.
- Collaborating closely with the product management, underwriting, and claims teams to ensure that our insurance products are in line with our business objectives.
- Keeping a keen eye on emerging trends in the insurance industry to ensure our competitiveness.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in life and health insurance actuarial work
- Knowledge of insurance products, regulations, and industry trends in Europe
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and manage an actuary
- Fluency in English; German or other European languages are a plus
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.