Data Protection & Compliance Officer Switzerland (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1200 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
Are you thrilled about preventing legal risks and managing data protection? Do you want to be part of an extraordinary journey to revolutionize insurance? And does contributing to a dynamic and passionate team and insurtech company sound like you? Then you are exactly the Data Protection & Compliance Officer Switzerland (f/m/d) we are looking for.
In this role you will take on:
with regard to Compliance & Data Protection Services:
- Providing holistically all compliance and data privacy advice needed by the Country Business Leader, the Country Executive Committee and the Country Board of Directors to successfully run the business
- Conduct investigations on compliance and/or ethics issues
- Carry out duties as the appointed data privacy officer for Switzerland and identify, implement, oversee and monitor data privacy issues
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to support and promote regulatory compliance and a culture of integrity
- Promote awareness and responsibility through regular communication and training, including developing and conducting regular training for employees
- Ensure periodic monitoring and compliance assessments to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and standards
- Responsible for the implementation of the group wide Directive System in Switzerland
with regard to Legal and Regulatory Services:
- In particular being a broad legal generalist handling all Swiss legal matters around commercial contracts / contract law, civil law, corporate & company law, labor law & regulations, insurance and where applicable – insurance supervisory law as well as respective EU / EIOPA frameworks
- Additionally taking responsibility and support the Country Business Leader throughout the budgeting and forecasting process from a Swiss point of view
- Ensure legal KPI reporting according to internal guidelines and instructions locally
- Manage and oversee regulatory examinations/inspections and collaborate with internal and external audit functions
- Responsible for delivery of efficient contract reviews and development of policies and controls relating to contract management
- Prepare legal, risk and compliance reports for business leaders and senior management
- Support M&A activities
- Proactive involvement in activities underpinning the global objectives of the company's Legal and Compliance Department through participation in working groups or committees
- Select, appoint and manage external counsel and other providers as needed
What we need from you:
- Swiss Master’s degree in law and a Swiss bar exam or equivalent qualification from the DACH region
- Additional qualifications (LL.M., PhD, CIPP, Certified Compliance Professional), in particular with a focus on insurance law,data protection and corporate governance welcome
- 5 years of practical in-house experience in a comparable role in the financial sector (insurance or brokerage/intermediary) covering both aspects, Legal as well as Compliance responsibility, is preferred; alternatively respective experience gained with a financial market supervisory authority in Switzerland (FINMA) or Liechtenstein (FMA) also considered
- 80% part time possible
- Labor market admission Switzerland necessary
- Professional German and English skills on C2 level (verbal and written) are a must, any additional language welcome
- Strong technical skills (MS Office, Google Suite) and experience in compliance & data privacy management systems desired
What you can expect from us:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- Free access to a mental health and well-being platform for personalized care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life’s ups and downs — whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
If you love a less-formal work environment and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Nicole Naef.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Note: This comprehensive job description is provided as a general guideline. Actual responsibilities and qualifications may vary depending on the specific needs and circumstances of wefox.