Risk & Control Specialist (w/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are looking for a Risk & Control Specialist (f/m/d) to strengthen our team. With your international mindset you will strengthen our decentralized risk team with a strong focus on ICS in our insurance business. As a proactive team player, you will be in constant communication with your team, other insurance functions such as Compliance or Audit as well as external stakeholders such as regulators. In addition, you prepare information on the current risk assessment and share these impulses with management and other stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Analyze and optimize operational process risks and internal controls as well as standardize and integrate them into the ICS tool
- Act as a central contact person for all questions regarding ICS and ICS tool
- Continuously develop current ICS methodology, taking into account regulatory requirements
- Manage and further develop the ICS tool
- Develop and provide training courses for process and control owners
- Monitor the elimination of identified weaknesses in ICS
- Be a Risk Management Business Partner for Country Heads (Germany and Switzerland)
- Collaborate in Risk Management e.g. in execution of Risk Assessments
- Present the current risk situation, provide this information with your recommendations to management and other decision-making bodies
What you bring:
- Professional experience in the area of ICS:at least 4 years at an insurance company, bank or auditing company
- Very good understanding of processes as well as expertise in risk and control analysis and description
- Fast grasp of new topics and the ability to familiarize yourself with them independently
- Interest in further development in other risk management topics such as BCM
- Strong communication skills as well as good analytical and conceptual skills
- High customer and service orientation, assertiveness, confident demeanour and high quality standards
- Business fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.