Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help nearly 200,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 8,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in Tempo's Super Start Ups 2024, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for an Insurance Associate to help us continue to craft the best insurance products for our customers.
In this role, you’ll support our existing Insurance team of five with day-to-day reporting requirements, performance analysis and support the rest of the team in our external underwriting and claims relationships.
Working closely alongside our Product, Commercial, and Operations teams, you’ll be heavily involved in cross-functional projects and will have a tangible impact on the decisions we make both now and in the future.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Get to know who we are and how we work through our values, purpose, strategy and mission.
- Deep-dive into our products and gain a solid understanding of how the insurance function operates.
- Grasp internal and external reporting, eventually taking over and improving key reports, and support in managing relationships with underwriting and claims partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on some of our biggest projects, e.g. launching exciting new products or partnerships.
You've read this far! Here's what we’re looking for from you:
- No insurance experience required; just show us an excellent work ethic and a passion to embark on a career in an innovative business disrupting the insurance industry.
- Keen to work at a business that takes a customer-first approach and recognises that the customer is at the heart of our business.
- Use your analytical skills to track the performance of our products and draw insight to ensure our products stay competitive.
- Strong communication skills to provide concise and timely updates to both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
- Ultimately, you’ll be a highly ambitious self-starter with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level!
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based at Workspace in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
A starting salary of between £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience.
A piece of the pie. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a development budget to spend on books, courses, conferences, and more.
Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials such as team games, drinks, breakfasts, parties, and company-wide offsites and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.