Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help nearly 200,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 8,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in Tempo's Super Start Ups 2024, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We're looking for an Operations Associate to help us deliver a world-class experience for our customers.
As an Operations Associate, you will be in a uniquely varied role within the business - talking directly to our customers, ensuring the day to day operations of Urban Jungle run smoothly, and working closely with other teams around the business.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll look to you to continually champion customer feedback within the business. You’ll also help us build new operational functions and tackle exciting challenges - for example helping us build our own world-class claims operations.
Here's what you'll get up to:
- Respond to customer queries, problems and feedback via phone, chat and email. You can expect to spend at least half of your time on live customer support.
- Completing operational and customer processes, such as cancellations and claim submissions.
- Identify specific customer issues and opportunities and work with our Ops, Product and Insurance teams to make our products better!
- Deliver initiatives to help improve and scale our operations functionBe the voice of the customer in cross-functional projects, for example, launching a new product.
- Use insights and feedback to develop new and creative ways to optimise the experience for our customers.
You've read this far! Here's what we're looking for from you:
- We are changing a huge financial industry - you are excited about being a part of this big challenge.
- No Operations or Insurance experience is necessary, so long as you can demonstrate a drive to help solve customer issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to support our customers every step of the way.
- A natural problem-solver with a “test and learn” mentality.
- A high level of attention-to-detail.
- Super organised and comfortable multitasking to tight deadlines.
- Not afraid to get stuck in and willing to roll up your sleeves to get customer and business problems solved.
- Above all, you’ll care passionately about delivering an exceptional experience to our customers.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.