Junior Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 175,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 8,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in the TechRound100, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for a driven and enthusiastic Junior Data Analyst, to join us as we continue to scale our analytics capabilities.
You’ll need to dive straight in - we’re looking for someone who loves problem solving, and is excited by a challenge. You’ll support the business by producing insights across trading and risk, increasing data visibility, and producing reports for our board, partners and investors.
As you familiarise yourself with the data we have and how the business works, you’ll become a go-to person for analysis and insight, working with all other teams in the business, across a wide range of cross-functional projects.
With lots of responsibility early on, your work will have a tangible impact on the decisions we make and the future of Urban Jungle as we grow!
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Take ownership of day-to-day reporting, analysis and insight; working with all teams across the business to help drive data-driven decision making.
- Support with analysis on our live cross-functional projects e.g. analysing market competitiveness of our pricing models, assessing the impact of product changes, or identifying the drivers behind changes in customer quality.
- Work alongside our Data and Engineering teams to optimise our data platform for use across the wider team.
- Report on our core KPIs in weekly business meetings.
- Work with our Commercial team to understand the metrics we’re targeting at a business level and design new ways to improve visibility of them.
- Conduct experimental analysis, using our data to assess the impact of new product features, A/B tests, or changes to the customer journey.
- Develop your business-wide knowledge to understand the interaction between different parts of the business, and how that impacts our analysis.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- A knack for numbers with demonstrable experience working with either SQL, R, Python, or Excel. You may have gained this experience in academia or in a commercial environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven track record of analysing, interpreting, and summarising complex data.
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate key insights to a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- A level of attention to detail that will put us all to shame! You’ll easily be able to spot any anomalies in the data.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in!) and the team is based at Workspace in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
A starting salary of between £34,000 - £37,000 depending on experience.
A piece of the pie. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a development budget to spend on books, courses, conferences, and more.
Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials such as team games, drinks, breakfasts, parties, and company-wide offsites and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences, and perspectives.