FP&A Financial Analyst
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
We have a need for a Financial Analyst who has experience in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting and enjoys working in a multicultural environment.
The individual will be a key member for the Finance team, reporting to the Head of FP&A and supporting various finance activities.
This role will interact with multiple functions across the company and will assist with creating and delivering the presentation of financial and operating data related to the corporate functional groups.
The size of the Company and of the FP&A team lends itself to a unique opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of finance (Revenue, expenses, cash flow and balance sheet responsibility - no silos).
We are looking for a self-motivated person who has experience building & automating financial models, and working with internal stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Provide support and analysis to finance and accounting members for business planning, forecasting and budgeting purposes
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly financials reporting and variance analysis - Cash Flow, P&L, KPIs
- Maintenance and improvement of key informational data-bases
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Participate in cross-functional projects, preparing financial data as necessary
- Help establish new processes and/or improve existing ones.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience with a track record of successful development of financial analyses, strategic planning and/or business development.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required
- BS or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CGMA, MBA and CPA preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects, as well as strong follow through skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Experience with NetSuite and Essbase a plus
- Prior experience in an Audit firm is a plus
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.