Data software engineer - API integration (junior)
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As a member of Shift Technology’s tech team, your role will be to ensure proper connectivity between our solutions, our customer’s solutions but also third party solutions providing added value to our core product. Thus bringing together our platform with external parties and customers systems into a single integrated solution. Such integration can be done in batch mode, yet requiring high scalability as our clients are among the largest insurance companies in the world. Integrations are also made through dedicated APIs. Your role will be to build a standard API Gateway to scale the efforts connecting to external APIs ‘from our clients and third parties), and set up proper secure authentication methods. While building this platform, you will also be in charge of proper systement testing, end to end testing and ensuring the overall system quality and robustness.
We work with modern technologies and always encourage our team to explore what’s new in the market. We utilize knowledge of development environment software, object oriented development software, program testing software, operating system software, and various programming languages.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or master degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or a related field. Equivalent practical experience will also be considered.
- You have experience with object oriented programming (our main stack is in C#)
- You are well versed working with web services and building APIs
- You are familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases, and data warehousing techniques
- You have experience working with agile methodology
- You have cross-functional collaboration skills
- You are proactive and take ownership of your work
- You often come up with innovative ideas to find a solution to intricate problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them
- You are excited about the challenge of delivering excellent user experience
- You can communicate clearly in English
- Talent acquisition interview
- 2 technical interviews
- Hiring manager interview
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.