Technical Product Manager (France or EU based)
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
Our Technical Product Managers define, build and grow products that solve real problems for insurers and help drive the evolution of Shift’s technical platform. Our Product Managers lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects and coordinate these projects through the software development lifecycle. We mobilize cross-functional teams, delivering solutions for scale and data-driven decision making to refine, launch, and take-to-market our solutions that delight our customers. Great products led by great product managers can make a magnitude of difference in the success and scalability of Shift and our impact on insurance.
What You'll Do...
Shift has strong development and R&D teams building solutions supported by applied machine learning and big data analysis. Your role will be to:
- provide a product vision, distilled from insights into our users and market, and work with other teams to build towards it
- play a key role in a culture of rapid delivery and iteration based on testing, measurement and feedback
- build reliable, scaleable systems in the Cloud
- work closely with our Engineering and Data Science teams to construct and deliver on an ambitious technical vision
What You Bring...
- 4+ years in software Product Management, or in another profession related to software development
- A technical background (ideally computer science, software engineering, information systems)
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to lead and influence teams, building consensus, without formal authority
- Someone who is dynamic, curious and eager to learn
- Fluency in written and spoke English and French
- Insurance and/or vertical software product experience is a plus, but is not required
Ideal candidates for this role will be based in Paris and willing to work in the office a few days a week as needed.
- Talent Acquisition interview
- Interview with a product manager
- Interview with engineering leaders/partners
- Interview with the Head of Product
#LI-JD1 #LI-ONSITE #LI-HYBRID
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.