Engineering Manager | Software Development (Hybrid)
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
About the Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team lies at the core of the value we offer to our customers. We solve complex problems by working not only within cross functional squads, but also by working collaboratively with other teams across the organization.
Our tech stack includes .Net (C#), Python, SQL Server, Elastic Search, and more. If you are excited about solving complex technical challenges, this is the right place for you!
What you'll do...
As the Engineering manager of the Realtime products squad - you will build and shape our strategy, products and direction when it comes to all our RT Fraud Detection products. Your team will own the Standard RT Platform that powers all our high throughput, low latency RT Detection capabilities. Some of our RT Products need to operate at 1500RPS and under 0.1 ms response time constraints.
The squad is cross functional and is composed of senior engineers and data scientists. The squad directly influences sales and Shift strategy.
More specifically in this role you will:
- Guide the RT products squad within the data platform group
- Mentor and grow the software engineers and data scientists in your squad
- Participate in code reviews frequently and provide technical direction to the engineers
- Be accountable for the planning, implementation and delivery of intricate technical products
- Scale the squad, processes and architecture to deliver business growth.
- Be data driven and create the right frameworks within the organization to measure and deliver results
- Collaborate with product management to ensure alignment between product and technical strategy
What you Bring...
- You have a minimum 5 years of hands-on experience leading engineering teams (past experience leading other Senior Engineers would be a strong plus)
- You have experience with distributed system design
- You have experience working with agile methodologies
- You have cross functional collaboration skills
- You have experience interviewing and hiring technical engineers
- You are well versed working with web services and building APIs
- You are proactive and take ownership of your work
- You often come up with innovative ideas to find a solution to intricate problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them
- You are excited about the challenge of delivering excellent user experience
- You can communicate clearly in English
- HR screening call
- Hiring Manager interview around leadership principles
- Two Technical rounds around design, coding and execution
- Final interview with CTO
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.