Business Development, Insurance clients - Germany based
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As a Business Developer, you will have an important contribution to our growth within the DACH region. Your role in Shift adventure will be to strategize with Account Executive partners and to generate and transform highly qualified leads into opportunities for business within the Insurance vertical.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced senior business developer based in Germany with a strong desire to step into an Enterprise Account Executive role in the near future.
What You'll Do...
- Know Your Market: grasp the specificities of the German and Swiss markets and build and nurture a contact database with relevant insights in the Life & Health as well as in the P&C markets.
- Know Your Clients:you know the major and mid size players and understand the basic business processes and roles in insurance organisations that enable you to identify prospects and position the Shift message and values
- Engage: leverage your understanding of each prospect to build, design and execute an engagement program with highly customised outreach strategies. and execute on these strategies
- Sell: steadily chase prospects and pitch the value our AI-based decisioning solutions can bring to them across the policy life-cycle. Following up on the first contact and creating momentum for the sales cycle.
- Structure: You are a self starter and have the ability to structure and organise your work and align it with the team.
- Deliver Results: have your every action oriented on achieving your quarterly sales targets consistently, and contributing to Shift expansion within the DACH region.
What You Bring...
- +4 years of experience in either sales, customer service or project management in a Software company within the German market.
- Complete Fluency in German and English
- Experience in, or exposure to the Insurance industry is strongly preferred
- Business acumen to drive research and account mapping
- Sharp focus at becoming an Account Executive
- Strong relationship building skills
- Dynamic attitude with eyes riveted on results
- Highly organised
- Proven track record or reference for successful client acquisition
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.