Data Scientist/ Engineer (End of Studies - Intern)
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
The Data Science team works on a broad range of subjects. We actively participate in the definition and development of our suite of products on fraud detection, anti-money laundering and claim automation. We have a lot of technical and professional experience in data science, data engineering, coding, business understanding and client interactions. Additionally, we also work on various data types such as structured data, free text, documents and images.
Please note that to be eligible for this job YOU should be currently enrolled to a São Paulo (Capital) University AND be already on the last year of your studies.
What you’ll do…
As a member of the data science team, and working alongside our technical experts, you will be able to:
- Understand insurance data and fraud mechanisms;
- Create the associated mathematical models;
- Implement, test and optimize the associated algorithms;
- Participate in workshops with the clients to gather feedback and integrate it into the models;
- Continuously provide ideas to improve the solution.
What You Bring...
- You are native in Portuguese and fluent in English (mandatory)
- You have advanced technical skills in Applied Mathematics, preferably in machine learning and/or operations research;
- You combine strong analysis with synthesis abilities and are not afraid to deal with the details;
- You can write quality production code;
- You are keen to face our clients to discuss their needs and integrate their feedback into your projects;
- You can communicate clearly in English and are fluent in another language.
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.