Cloud Operations, Team lead
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As a member of Shift Technology's Infrastructure team, your role as a Cloud Operations Team Leader:
- Manage a team (2) of Cloud Operations specialists in US
- You will be responsible for being the point of contact for any operational escalations within the organisation.
- Ensure that the Incident management process is running as expected, and that the operations team is handling incidents in a timely and efficient manner.
- Operations team will be responsible for the Incident management process, so need to ensure the process is running as expected.
- Manage support tickets (changes, requests, incidents, etc.) and escalate to the appropriate resolution level.
- Monitor alerts and follow their evolution, escalate as needed.
- Manage cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, and OVH) and take care of the infrastructure backup and the backup checks.
- Maintain Linux and Windows systems, network, and security software/equipment.
- Apply security patches to the entire IT infrastructure.
- Deploy new client projects and infrastructure based on established requirements.
- Manage day-to-day infrastructure work and ensure that desktop computers are compliant with security policies.
- Available to work during weekends based on the team’s rotation schedule. (1 in 3 weekends)
- Knowledge and experience working with cloud computing - e.g. Azure or AWS or GCP
- Networking and firewall expertise - VLANs, Zone based firewalling, IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, URL filtering, IDPS
- Proficiency in Windows, Office, and Active Directory is required
- Infrastructure security experience - Patch and vulnerability management
- Backup knowledge and experience
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform or CloudFormation or ARM, for deploying and managing cloud resources. (good to have)
- Understanding of cloud cost management and optimization techniques, including resource tagging, reserved instances, and usage analytics. (good to have)
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging solutions, such as Grafana (good to have)
- Experience with Jira ticketing system and Confluence (good to have)
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies and tools, such as Git, Jenkins and Ansible, for automating software delivery and infrastructure management. (good to have)
- Knowledge of compliance standards and regulations, such as GDPR, HIPAA, and SOC 2, and experience implementing controls to meet these requirements. (good to have)
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we are always assessing the benefits we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Parental leave opportunities
- Extensive mental health benefits provided via our global Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteering time - 16 hours annually
We offer many benefits in various countries - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.
Something looks off?