Senior Frontend Developer, ReactJS - France based
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As a member of Shift Technology’s Engineering team and part of the greater tech team, your role will be to deliver, maintain, support, and improve new and existing features in our customer products.
More specifically in this role you may work on:
- The front-end of our products, including creating and designing clean, complex and reusable components that can be used across our products
- Helping maintain a high quality design and architecture
- Creating tools to improve our efficiency
- Coaching your fellow junior developers and helping them become better.
As a teammate, you will also participate in all of the team's usual activities: of course software development, but also technical design, roadmap planning, estimates, code reviews, etc.
We work with modern technologies and always encourage our team to explore what’s new in the market. We utilize knowledge of development environment software, object oriented development software, program testing software, operating system software, and various programming languages.
Our main tools are:
- A continuous delivery pipeline that uses Git, Nunit, Teamcity and Octopus Deploy
If you are not proficient in one or more of these but like learning new things, don't worry, we will train you !
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have strong coding skills: whatever your language of choice, your projects are beautifully designed and cleanly written
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn, always looking to expand your fields of expertise
- You will utilize your tech experience and apply them to production problems and contribute to architectural decisions.
- You have a passion for technology and leverage your knowledge to help build highly scalable performant solutions
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine
- You are comfortable dealing with the pressure of delivering an excellent service to our customers
- You can communicate clearly in English
- HR screening call
- Technical interview with a Front-End Lead Developer
- Last round interview with the Hiring Manager
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.