Data Scientist (End-of-studies Internship)
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
Are you looking for an internship where you can get strong programming skills and discover real-life problems? Come and join the French Insurtech leader to change the insurance world with A.I.!
The Data Science team works on a broad range of subjects. We actively participate in the definition and development of our suite of products on fraud detection, anti-money laundering and claim automation. We have a lot of technical and professional experience in data science, data engineering, coding, business understanding and client interactions. Additionally, we also work on various data types such as structured data, free text, documents and images.
This position is for you if you are looking for an end-of-studies internship to complete your degree, and are interested in a permanent position if you think Shift is the right place to start!
What you'll do...
- Set-up and deploy in production the data processing pipelines of our clients, including data reception in batches or in real-time, data cleaning, information extraction, calibration of fraud detection models, etc.
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs, their feedback to improve our solutions
- R&D for product development and innovation (through machine learning, image analysis, NLP, trend analysis, chatbots…)
- Work closely with the sales team for prospects demo
- You have a master’s degree in either Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research (a knowledge in machine learning and/or Big Data is a plus)
- You have experience in object-oriented programming
- You combine strong analysis with synthesis abilities and are not afraid to deal with the details
- You can write quality production code
- You are comfortable dealing with clients
- You can communicate clearly in English
- French is mandatory at a fluent level
- Talent Acquisition interview
- Coding exercise
- Technical interview
- Hiring manager interview
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we are always assessing the benefits we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Parental leave opportunities
- Extensive mental health benefits provided via our global Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteering time - 16 hours annually
We offer many benefits in various countries - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.
Something looks off?