What we're looking for
Mundi Ventures is looking for a new financial controller to join our growing international team. You will be responsible for the monitoring of the management company, as well as for the supervision and coordination of all current funds financials. As financial controller, you’ll have exposure to all stakeholders of the firm, including the partners of the fund, the investment team, the LPs and the accounting and compliance team. The successful candidate will be organized, able to think critically and make decisions, have attention to detail, and most importantly, be proactive and problem solving oriented.
We’re a small team, and this is an opportunity to have outsize impact in a growing international venture capital organization with €450M AUM.
The position is based in Madrid or Barcelona.
This role will:
- Coordination, review and execution of the financial accounting area of the entity and its funds.
- Preparation of the annual budget of the management company and its monitoring.
- Planning, execution and coordination of the management and control tasks of the management company.
- Coordination and supervision of regulatory compliance and systematic reporting to the CNMV.
- Supervision of the preparation of the annual accounts and coordination and collaboration in the preparation of financial audits.
- Execution, coordination and supervision of the internal control and risk control procedures of the entity and its funds, including supervision of investment policies and legal limits.
- Control and supervision of the value of the funds' financial investments.
- Communications with investors on financial and reporting issues.
Candidates need to show potential for, or demonstrate examples of:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in similar positions, preferably with at least 2 years of experience in auditing or financial controller and also some experience on a company financial department.
- Degree in business administration, economics or similar.
- Ability to manage and lead teams.
- Advanced level of Spanish & English.
- Advanced level of Excel.
- High initiative in prior activities and problem-solving mindset
- Attention to detail
- Comfort operating independently
- Authorization to work in Spain now and in the future
Extra points if you have:
- Previous experience with companies in the Private Equity & Venture Capital industry
- Knowledge of Capital Markets Spanish regulation.
- Second (or third) language
About Mundi Ventures
Mundi Ventures is a Madrid-based venture capital firm focused on investing globally, specializing in early stage companies disrupting the various industries including retail. Mundi Ventures was founded in 2015 and has backed 60+ companies, with the long term goal of helping individuals, businesses, and society manage an increasingly risky world through technology.
Mundi Ventures aims to help founders drive success and build their vision.
We provide competitive salaries and benefits including:
- Job stability: full-time contract and fixed salary.
- Immediate incorporation
- Flexible work schedule
- Hybrid model (office & home)
- Flexible remuneration that you can use for childcare vouchers, transport card, restaurant tickets and medical insurance.
- Possibility of forming part of an international team that seeks to become one of the leading venture capital firms in Europe and the world.
- Professional career plan
- Offices in an art gallery (in Madrid), or blocks from Gaudi buildings on Passeig de Gracia (in Barcelona).