Site Reliability Engineer
Lang is on a mission to empower everyone to benefit from the power of AI. Through cutting-edge technology and with human-centered design as its core, Lang.ai helps Customer Experience teams scale efficiently and take decisions backed with accurate, granular insights.
With the beta launch of KlosedAI in 2024, we jumped into the challenge of helping Product Managers get insights they can trust from their customer feedback.
We are a remote-first company. Our Product, Data Science, and Engineering team is based in Spain. The rest of the team is based in the US. Our main language of written communication is English but 70% of the team are native Spanish speakers.
Learn more about the company here: https://www.lang.ai.
You will be spending time on the following:
- Maintain and operate multiple highly available and scalable Kubernetes platforms on AWS, ensuring efficient utilization of resources and cost optimization.
- Build and implement automation pipelines for infrastructure provisioning, configuration management, and CI/CD.
- Develop and manage monitoring and alerting systems for the Kubernetes environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to Kubernetes and AWS services.
- Optimize infrastructure to ensure performance, reliability, and resource efficiency.
- Collaborate with development teams to define and implement best practices for infrastructure and platform utilization.
- Contribute to SOC2 and HIPAA compliance initiatives, ensuring adherence to security and privacy regulations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in Kubernetes, AWS, and AI infrastructure.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or Operations Engineer.
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes architecture, operations, and best practices.
- Experience with AWS cloud services, including EKS, VPC, IAM.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Bash, Python, or Go.
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Github Actions and Terraform.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with SOC2 and HIPAA compliance is a plus.
How you work
You embody the following personal principles in the way you work:
- Curiosity - Natural curiosity stems from an ability to learn; given the nature of the organization and the continued need to scale, you need to be curious and willing to learn and grow every day
- Empathy - Sales isn’t easy or for the faint of heart. It comes with individual stressors and demands and it can cause some to feel the pressure of deadlines more than others. Having the empathy to understand an individual’s process and send back uplifting insight is critical. Without empathy, we can’t rely on each other to build better relationships– faster.
- Pragmatism/ Moving Fast - With successful time management and goal alignment, you can accelerate your days easier than starting at a blank slate each day. You are confident and pragmatic, so you spend the right amount of time doing tasks so that you can do as many as possible.
- Ownership -You need to know how to own and execute on your own and figure things out. You will own and be accountable for your monthly number of meetings and failing is not an option.
- Competitive base salary – For this role, our salary range is 50k-70k€ compensation (depending on experience).
- Career plan where you can grow as a Site Reliability Engineer with monthly meetings with your manager to help you grow and improve.
- Onsite company gatherings.
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours depending on personal commitments.
- Global team
Inclusion at Lang.ai
We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We celebrate what makes you unique and put simply, we want you to come as you are.