Product Designer - PLG
Lang is on a mission to empower everyone to benefit from the power of AI. Through cutting-edge technology and with human-centered design as its core, Lang.ai helps Customer Experience teams scale efficiently and take decisions backed with accurate, granular insights.
With the beta launch of KlosedAI in 2024, we jumped into the challenge of helping Product Managers get insights they can trust from their customer feedback.
We are a remote-first company. Our Product, Data Science, and Engineering team is based in Spain. The rest of the team is based in the US. Our main language of written communication is English but 70% of the team are native Spanish speakers.
Learn more about the company here: https://www.lang.ai.
You will be spending time on the following:
- Aligning on a desired product outcome and the user problem to be pursued by the team and with leadership.
- Working with the product manager to identify problems and opportunities by reviewing how our users are interacting with the platform.
- We work with data scientists to create a smooth user experience by leveraging the power of AI.
- Working with the engineering team to align on the problem and find the best solution.
- Developing the final visual design and interaction model of the validated solutions.
- Ensuring that we deliver high-quality solutions that follow our design standards by participating in the QA process.
- Ensuring UX is at the heart of what we build — we are bringing AI to non-technical users.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are an end-to-end Product Designer who can go from research to interaction and visual design. We are looking for a well-balanced, generalist profile. You are very experienced in at least one phase of the design process, being able to deliver good results in the rest.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Product Design.
- You have experience working in a PLG product: you've shipped many features for consumer-facing products.
- You have design-related training, a strong understanding of UI/UX concepts and an eye for detail.
- You have strong knowledge of Figma, our design tool of choice.
- You are empathetic, you understand users’ pains and deliver solutions through a human-centered experience design.
- You are proactive, can detect pain points and frictions and cover users’ needs.
- You are passionate about problem solving with a user-first mindset.
- You have good communication skills (written and verbal) to help people from across the company to understand the rationale behind the design proposals.
- You are open-minded and are able to receive and provide feedback and critique.
We also value:
- You have been practicing Product Discovery activities in your daily work.
- You have a portfolio where we can see your UI/UX strengths.
- You have experience working with design systems.
- You have experience working with developers or data scientists.
- You have experience working in a SaaS platforms.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken. We have become a remote-first company, so we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
How you work
You embody the following personal principles in the way you work:
- Curiosity - Natural curiosity stems from an ability to learn; given the nature of the organization and the continued need to scale, you need to be curious and willing to learn and grow every day
- Empathy - Sales isn’t easy or for the faint of heart. It comes with individual stressors and demands and it can cause some to feel the pressure of deadlines more than others. Having the empathy to understand an individual’s process and send back uplifting insight is critical. Without empathy, we can’t rely on each other to build better relationships– faster.
- Pragmatism/ Moving Fast - With successful time management and goal alignment, you can accelerate your days easier than starting at a blank slate each day. You are confident and pragmatic, so you spend the right amount of time doing tasks so that you can do as many as possible.
- Ownership -You need to know how to own and execute on your own and figure things out. You will own and be accountable for your monthly number of meetings and failing is not an option.
- Competitive base salary – For this role, our salary range is 50k-55k€ compensation (depending on experience).
- Career plan where you can grow as a Product Designer with monthly meetings with your manager to help you grow and improve.
- Onsite company gatherings.
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours depending on personal commitments.
- Global team
Inclusion at Lang.ai
We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We celebrate what makes you unique and put simply, we want you to come as you are.