Senior Front-End Designer, Payments
Software Engineering, Design
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the role
Front-end design at Klarna bridges the gap between design and programming in the post-purchase Klarna realm, driving UX work-streams within the Payment Methods dunning space, from early stages of design sketching up to implementation.
In this role you will be part of one of the multidisciplinary teams who build products and experiences for Klarna customers. You will oversee the design execution and front-end implementation of post purchase communication templates (emails, letters, sms, push notifications), that reach millions of Klarna customers daily.
You will work closely with Product Managers, Back-end Engineers, Analysts, UX Researchers, Content Designers and Delivery leads to deep dive into specific customer needs and find scalable solutions that result in outstanding post purchase experiences.
What you will do:
- Drive post purchase design initiatives from discovery to implementation in one of the Payment Methods problem spaces
- You test and deploy changes in your comms
- You maintain your team’s Figma file and build prototypes for new features
- You set up experiments that will enable your team to safely deploy changes but also AB test new design hypothesis that will tailor and elevate Klarna’s customer experience
- Identify quality gaps in your templates and propose tangible solution ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and craft excellence
- Help shape the culture of the growing Front-end design community at Klarna
Who you are:
- You have relevant design and front-end development experience in digital products
- You understand the UX principles and best practices
- You are comfortable with JS frameworks such as React or React native and have a good understanding of the possibilities of front-end development
- You are data driven and not afraid to take deep dives into technical aspects of a product or system
- You have experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams in iterative product development cycles
- Effective communicator when articulating your strategies and ideas
- You can identify when to optimize for speed and when to seek for quality and hone into the details
- Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated and autonomous
- Experience working in Figma, VS Code/IntelliJ, GIT, ChaosSearch or Splunk experience is a plus.
About Klarna design
We are a multidisciplinary design community, consisting of Product Designers, UX Researchers, Content Designers and Front-end Designers. We love to create appealing and distinctive experiences within our products, services, and brand. We possess a clear vision for building a strong community, passion, and drive for a great customer experience that goes above and beyond. Our job ads might look a little broad. That’s not an accident as we use recruitment pipelines at Klarna to better determine where you might fit in best. By keeping our openings general, we can evaluate together the best role for you and your skillset.
Required when applying for this role
Your resume in english
A portfolio with your programming work (on public or private platforms) and a portfolio with som of your best designs
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.