Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Posted on Saturday, December 4, 2021
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem-solving and data-driven decision-making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, and people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
Analytics at Klarna is divided into many teams, all with their own unique responsibilities. However, there are some commonalities - they consist of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit who all love to solve hard problems.
The Payment Methods (PM) domain provides the core payment products that Klarna is built on. We give consumers the ability to control when to pay for the purchase, how much to pay, and which settlement method to use for each payment - through an optimised and tailored experience.
The UK Underwriting team sits within the Global Consumer Credit Risk group and is accountable for managing Pay Later, Pay in 3, and Financing risk appetite through Credit Risk UW policies. The role will ensure the optimal performance of UK products to meet Key Performance Indicator targets, drive correct consumer outcomes and meet regulatory requirements.
The team also has accountability for new UW tools and product features and implementing these changes to UK UW policies. To support external requirements for regulations and credit bureau requirements. To build and maintain customer affordability and credit limit strategies.
- Drive analytical projects on credit risk underwriting policy using SQL and data manipulation to gain analytical insight in identifying opportunities for growth or to minimise losses.
- Build and maintain credit risk monitoring of underwriting policies. Analysing moving trends across products and consumer segments to ensure risk appetite is met. To work closely with Commercial to understand the impact and performance of our merchants on credit risk.
- To support product teams in improving the consumer experience through the conversion funnel, providing clear and transparent reject messaging and fair outcomes for consumers.
- Proactively and effectively communicating with various stakeholders, building strong lasting relationships, discussing the root cause of trends, and driving positive outcomes.
- Take ownership of the delivery of individual key tasks, anticipate constraints and risks, and adapt to changing priorities
- Build an understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative changes as well as an understanding of the economic landscape.
- Challenge existing processes and proactively identify and implement improvements in all areas of phases of development, incorporating wider business knowledge.
- Display a "can do" attitude to meeting stakeholder requirements and overcoming obstacles to delivery, suggesting solutions.
- Own development plan for progression, taking all feedback from other team members, line manager, and stakeholders, positively on board; provide ongoing feedback to other team members and deliver this in a positive and motivating way.
You should have
- A degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a Business field.
- An understanding of UK consumer credit - 2 years + experience in credit risk (or experience in data science).
- An understanding of how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc.). Experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question the why!
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conceptual ability
- Significant drive and ambition.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Due to a high volume of candidates, we will experience a longer response time until we start interviewing.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?