Senior Content Designer
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2021
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About this role
You will be part of one of the multidisciplinary teams that build banking products and experiences for Klarna customers. You will oversee the content design vision and execution on a group support level in the banking experience space, and work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, UX Researchers, and fellow Content Designers to deliver great customer experiences.
What you will do
- Own the Content Design vision, best practices and execution for the different teams’ spaces
- Provide Content Design support on a group level to multiple teams within the banking experience space, which requires handling a high amount of context switching
- Drive cross-functional alignment and scalability to advocate for a holistic user experience
- Act as German language support throughout the different phases of the design process to the teams within the banking experience space
- Define the messaging hierarchy, patterns, and guidelines for different user journeys
- Dig into quantitative and qualitative data for opportunities to improve on UI copy, architecture, and flows
- Create hypotheses, write variants, and analyze results for research and experiments
- Ensure user flow updates meet Klarna’s design standards for voice/tone, content writing and user experience
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Product Marketeers and fellow Content Designers on design challenges
- Transform complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solution ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and craft excellence
- Use human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer centricity in your team and stakeholders around you (examples: workshops, brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Help shape the culture of the growing design community at Klarna
Who you are
- Native-level German speaker and fluent in English
- At least 5 years experience working in Content Design for digital products, apps or websites
- Experience working with global products, and in rapidly scaling tech environments with multidisciplinary teams
- Strategic and purposeful when making content design decisions. You integrate user, business and technical considerations into your design process. You can identify when to optimize for speed and when to seek for quality and hone into the details.
- Effective communicator when articulating the vision, strategy and decisions of your design solutions, from information architecture down to word level
- Independent, proactive thinker who can handle a high amount of context switching
- Great prioritization skills when balancing daily design deliveries with driving long-term improvements for both teams and competence
- Experience with UX research, for example, designing and analyzing experiments, applying learnings to the product experience
- Self-motivated and autonomous. Successfully prioritize and execute on the projects with quality outcomes
- Can develop low-fidelity designs with minimal support in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar product design tools
Required when applying for this role
- Your resume in English
- Your portfolio, in English. It should showcase a track record of designing products, highlighting your direct contributions. If your portfolio is password protected, please add the login information to your application.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?