Delivery Lead - Core Market Success
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets.
About Core Market Success team
We are looking for a customer obsessed Delivery Lead who will drive initiatives connected to our payment products in Klarna’s 9 core markets, affecting the Klarna experience for 150M+ consumers and 400k+ partners in a fast-paced environment. Whether leading changes to consumer-facing products, internal improvements or the launch of a new disruptive payment method, you have the ability to motivate others towards a joint vision. You know how to get things done, and are comfortable taking the lead to ensure that a vision goes from plan to reality.
What you will be doing:
You will belong to a cross-competence team in the Core Product & Market Success group with focus on ensuring the success of our products in the core markets, and drive deliveries stemming from that team but also from the group at large. Your key stakeholders will be the other teams in the group, domain and at times also outside of the domain. You will get opportunities to lead deliveries of various lengths in terms of timeline, allowing for quicker wins as well as bigger initiatives that consist of several milestones during a longer period of time.
On a daily basis, you will provide direction and guidance of scaled agile practices across multiple teams and will relentlessly focus on improving and maintaining deliveries across teams.
You might for example:
- take care of the overall milestone planning, execution, delivery and release of our largest and most complex cross-functional team initiatives
- Identify, diagnose and remove cross-team impediments so teams can deliver
- Negotiate scope and manage trade-offs for delivery and cost/benefit process improvement decision
- Manage and facilitate cross-team meetings (standups, retrospectives, reporting etc)
- Relentlessly focus on improving and maintaining deliveries across teams
- Facilitate a collaborative, open and transparent environment
- Manage progress, risks and dependencies with teams and other stakeholders by proactively communicating to explain what’s going on
We would love to meet someone with:
- Solid experiences of managing and delivering complex software and challenging cross-team initiatives from inception to production
- A passion and a proven track record of managing outstanding technical teams in fast-paced environments including sustainable improvements to throughput, quality and overall performance
- Persuasive and compelling communication skills - Ability to manage stakeholders, indirect management, diplomacy and facilitating compromise
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Proficiency in one or more of the languages of our Core Markets (German, Dutch, French, Norwegian, Finish, Danish or Swedish).
It would be great if you also have experience in:
- Leading technical teams with deep knowledge in Software Engineering, progressive agile techniques and delivery practices (XP, DevOps, and CD, etc)
- Practical and pragmatic application of a variety of Agile techniques in different environments, and at scale
- Building global products or driving localization of products
Delivery Leads at Klarna
We are Delivery Leads, a group of professionals with a strong engineering, product centric and agile background, who foster speed and continuous improvement within teams. We are the catalysts of our amazing momentum. We create an open and collaborative environment where you, as a Delivery lead, can upskill and grow your competence.
What we believe about Delivery
One of the most important words to us, Delivery Leads, is speed. The Delivery Lead competence is mainly about how we do things to add speed to the process. We possess the skills to fast-track software deliverables without jeopardizing quality and making the experience as smoooth as possible. We move the teams towards a common deliverable through guidance and motivation, and taking end-to-end ownership of the delivery.
How to apply
Please submit your CV in English.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?