Technical Accounting Specialist
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2021
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the role:
We are looking for an Accounting Specialist as part of our technical accounting function. The work is focused on practical interpretation of accounting standards, support in accounting related questions and preparation of external reporting for Klarna group.
In your work you will make sure different kinds of transactions, new products or business events are correctly accounted for in the financial reporting and that new reporting requirements are implemented in the organization. You will also take part in producing external reports such as the annual and interim reports. You will be responsible for driving medium-sized projects in an independent way. The work environment is dynamic and ad hoc tasks arise every now and then. As a team we help each other out and you will also likely find yourself assisting with ad hoc questions within the scope of the team.
We are looking for a highly driven person with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit. If you also enjoy a dynamic international environment and are known for your accounting knowledge this might be the right opportunity for you!
As Senior Accounting specialist you will:
- Make sure new products, M&As and other complex transactions are correctly accounted for in the monthly book closes and in the financial statements. Also ensure new reporting requirements are implemented in the organization and the financial reporting, both international and Swedish requirements.
- Be a key player in producing annual and interim reports
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing and supporting subsidiaries and other parts of the organization with accounting, reporting and system related questions
- Contribute to the external and internal audit process of the group
- Take part in ad hoc projects and have the opportunity to put forward and drive projects on your own
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organization and work with highly skilled colleagues
Who you are:
- Hold a degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics or Business Administration) or comparable professional education as a financial accountant
- Experienced in IFRS, preferably from banking, IFRS 9 and IFRS 15, large Finance organizations or Fintech. Experience from Swedish reporting and additional GAAPs are a plus.
- Have several years of prior technical accounting experience, in medium to large sized organizations. Alternatively may have actively audited such organizations. Work experience from a Big 4 audit firm is an advantage.
- Experience with complex business structures and hands-on experience with sophisticated transaction mapping and design from an accounting perspective is a distinct advantage. Preferably experience from treasury related transactions.
- Are naturally curious and are interested in understanding the flow of data.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.