Senior Java Developer - Search & Compare & Product Data Groups
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As we strive to be the world's preferred shopping platform, we're seeking top-tier global talent, particularly senior engineers, to join our mission. We aim to free people from the hassle of managing purchases and finances, enabling them to focus on what truly matters. If you're a seasoned engineer ready to disrupt industries and exceed your own expectations, we're looking for you.
In our quest to become the world's go-to shopping platform, we're seeking senior engineers experienced in managing large-scale applications across various regions. Join us to revolutionize the way people manage their purchases and finances. As part of our team, you'll collaborate with seasoned software engineers to tackle challenges such as:
- Handling hundreds of millions of offer updates daily
- Creating the world's most comprehensive and searchable structured product catalog
- Developing scalable features for our consumers and merchants in multiple markets
We use state-of-the-art technology to build an experience used by millions of consumers every month. Our code base evolves constantly, and hundreds of merge requests are pushed into production weekly.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with software development in Java (version 17 or higher) and related frameworks, such as Spring
- Experience in event-oriented message frameworks such as Kafka or similar
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Experience in delivering well-tested, maintainable, and functioning code
- Experience in NoSQLDatabases such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of microservice-oriented architecture
- AWS experience
- As a Java Software Engineer, you will work within a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs where you will design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability, and low latency
- Contribute to the vision for the future direction of our team's products and systems.
- Proactively address technical problems impacting the team and continuously drive quality across the stack.
- Take responsibility for end-to-end feature work, from planning and development to deployment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile, and cross-functional teams
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers on a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
Please note that we are not able to offer relocation support for this position. We love and appreciate a close team collaboration and we meet at the Stockholm office, located at Sveavägen 46, at least once a week.
To apply, send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.