Banking Operations Associate
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are supporting Klarna’s hyper-growth by enabling our organization and operations to move with the highest speed and quality. We are Klarna’s operational experts, driving efficiency and customer experience across our organization. Our 8 Leadership Principles guide our growth at Klarna, they are the constant in an ever-changing landscape. We are looking for an experienced and motivated employee who will provide us with expert support in our daily tasks.
As a Banking Operations Associate, you will be responsible for shaping the successful future of Klarna’s approach to revolutionizing banking products and services. You will build strong interpersonal connections, deep banking process- and tooling expertise, put yourself into our customers’ shoes, and collaborate with stakeholders across organizational boundaries to implement solutions that drive customer satisfaction. As a banking experienced and motivated team player, who always strives for premium and trustworthy support quality, you participate in building strong processes, empower our first line customer support and operate our daily banking operational tasks.
About your responsibilities:
- Provide direct support for Klarna’s banking consumers through various channels
- Be the point of contact for our dedicated banking 1st line CS team
- You will process inquiries and orders, including related research and decisions, on a case-by-case basis and largely independently
- Take ownership of managing customer requests & tasks related to transactions, consumer banking account management, on- and offboarding of customers, compliance, and legal
- Be an expert for our banking products like the Klarna Bank and Savings Account, processes, and ecosystem, understand the banking-specific needs of our customers, and ensure supportive and trustful support
- Work on initiatives to improve Klarna’s overall service and rollout of new products and markets
- You proactively identify inefficiencies and find opportunities for improvement in our processes, the tools, and the workflows we use and seek ways to make them more efficient, secure, and customer-oriented, while not being scared to challenge the current status quo.
- Be aware of risks to keep the bank a safe place.
About what you’ll need:
- Your professional experience (at least 1 year) in Banking/Fintech/Service will help you to be successful in our fast-moving environment.
- You have completed a bank apprenticeship, bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- You have excellent English and German language skills, verbally and in writing.
- Service and customer obsession mindset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Data-driven mindset, strong problem-solving ability.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful and strong bias for action.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to perform under pressure.
Klarna is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age in your application.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.