Business Development Team Lead
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As the Team Lead of a Partner Success Team (PST), you will work in a dynamic environment to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to-market strategy by engaging with our partners, developing our existing accounts, breaking new ground, and increasing Klarna’s market share. It will be your role to lead and coordinate with your cross-functional team of Business Developers, Marketers, Analysts, and Delivery experts to ensure we deliver the best customer experience possible and drive commercial revenue.
Role & Responsibilities:
- As Team Lead for a PST, you will be responsible for driving the PST business towards achieving its OKRs and KPIs.
- You are a sales leader and will manage the end to end pipeline of prospective partners with accountability for the entire deal process from lead generation, pitching, deal negotiation, technical integration, commercial launch, and ongoing account management.
- You will own the Partner Success Team’s P&L.
- You have experience leading a team and developing talent.
- You will strive to foster a culture of operational excellence, continuous learning, and determination to win within the North America market.
- You’re comfortable building a high-level growth strategy, but you can also get down into the weeds if needed.
- You are highly reliable and accountable, and you enjoy being evaluated on long-term goals. People around you would testify to the fact that you care more about quality than quantity, but you always make sure to deliver both.
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitch Klarna’s services, and close deals.
- Building and executing jointly agreed on business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success.
- Working closely with internal analysts, and delivery and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities.
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships including c-suite.
- Conducting extensive research regarding the market in order to position Klarna as best as we possibly can.
- Network effectively with local clients and develop strong professional relationships.
- Work to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained.
- Create and deliver/present Quarterly Business Reviews to members of Merchants’ C-suite teams.
- Adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
- Play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
Nice to Have:
- 6+ years in Business Development/Sales/Account Management.
- Retail and/or e-commerce experience.
- Media and advertising experience.
- Payments experience.
- Experience working with a global product and technology organization.
$147,000-$186,000 In addition to the posted salary range, there are additional components to Klarna’s compensation package.
What we offer
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Klarna Inc: E-Verify and Your Job Applicant Rights
Klarna Inc utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant, please use the link provided to access information on our use of E-Verify and your right to work.