Marketing Merchant Operations
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Are you passionate about driving growth and making an impact in the world of e-commerce? We are seeking a results-oriented and strategic marketing professional to join our team. As a Merchant Operations Manager, you will be responsible for driving growth and success within various industry categories. You will collaborate closely with the campaign operations team, shopping channel team, and other relevant departments to set and achieve supply-side acquisition and growth targets.
What you will do
- Be the Industry Business Partner and take ownership of one industry category. You will be responsible for setting and driving supply-side acquisition and sales targets, working in tandem with the campaign operations and shopping channel team.
- Develop and implement a category-specific assortment plan, optimizing pricing, selection, and brand diversity to maximize Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Stay up-to-date with industry and competitor movements, ensuring that Klarna remains at the forefront of market trends.
- Collaborate with platform, growth, and demand side product teams to design growth initiatives that drive consideration, engagement, and conversion for the category.
- Act as a bridge between industry and internal teams, bringing clarity, energy, and excitement to the entire team.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of experience in e-commerce platform operation and/or two-sided marketplace operation.
- Proven track record of defining strategies, implementing operational plans, and leading cross-functional teams through influence.
- A data-driven approach to planning and decision-making, with experience in designing experiments and utilizing data, analytics, and modeling.
- Possesses a growth mindset, a strong work ethic, and actively seeks and provides feedback to foster continuous professional growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
Join us at Klarna and be part of a dynamic team that is revolutionizing the way people shop and pay for their purchases. Together, we will accelerate commerce and drive the global economy forward. Apply now and let your marketing expertise make a difference!
Note: please include a CV in English
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.