Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are currently seeking an adaptable, successful, and experienced Business Developer on one of our Partner Success Teams. The goal for this individual is to identify new opportunities with the largest, most strategic merchants, and provide the merchant with all of the resources they need to achieve their growth objectives, furthermore helping Klarna become everyone’s favorite way to shop. In order to succeed in this position, you need to be highly driven, have a passion for learning about and engaging with new cultures, and have the desire to build a business from the ground up.
Who You Are:
- Building and executing jointly agreed-upon business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success.
- Working closely with internal analysts, delivery and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities.
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitching Klarna’s services, and closing deals.
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships including c-suite.
- Conduct extensive research regarding the market in order to position Klarna as best as we possibly can.
- Network effectively with local clients and develop strong professional relationships.
- Work to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained.
- Create and deliver/present Quarterly Business Reviews to members of Merchants’ Csuite teams.
- Adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
You Should Have
- 4 years in Business Development/Account Management/Sales
- Experience working in ecommerce, payments and/or retail highly preferred
$128,000-$162,000 In addition to the posted salary range, there are additional components to Klarna’s compensation package.
Klarna Inc utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant, please use the link provided to access information on our use of E-Verify and your right to work. Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)
What we offer
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Klarna Inc: E-Verify and Your Job Applicant Rights
Klarna Inc utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant, please use the link provided to access information on our use of E-Verify and your right to work.
Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)