Software Architect - API
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna provides Shopping & Marketing services to its Partners to improve their customer journeys, through a unique Web SDK and via several backend APIs. As a Software Architect or Engineering Manager, you are responsible for the partner’s experience when integrating and using this API. You strive to simplify the integration from a Partner’s point of view and by working together with several product teams. You make sure that new products are not introducing new complexities for our Partners. You work directly with product owners, solutions engineers and technical writers to improve the experience of our partners.
- Architectural Leadership: Design, develop, and evolve the overarching API architecture, ensuring it aligns with the Klarna's technology strategy, scalability needs, and future business objectives.
- Solution Design: Create comprehensive API specifications, including endpoints, data models, authentication/authorisation mechanisms, and error handling, to ensure optimal functionality, security, and performance.
- Technical Strategy: Collaborate with stakeholders to define the technical direction for API development, selecting appropriate technologies, frameworks, and tools that align with industry best practices.
- Scalability and Performance: Define strategies for scaling APIs to accommodate increasing user loads and ensuring high availability, low latency, and optimal response times.
- Security and Compliance: Implement robust security measures, including data encryption, authentication, authorisation, and access controls, to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of user data. Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation for APIs, including usage guidelines, integration procedures, and code samples, enabling internal and external developers to effectively utilise the APIs.
- Code Quality and Review: Lead code reviews and provide technical guidance to the development team to maintain high coding standards, optimise performance, and address architectural concerns.
- Integration Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define integration strategies, ensuring seamless communication between various systems and services.
- Problem Solving: Identify and address technical challenges, performance bottlenecks, and architectural limitations proactively, proposing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Mentorship: Provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers, fostering their professional growth and encouraging best practices in API design and development.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a Software Architect or similar role, with a strong focus on designing and developing APIs.
- In-depth understanding of API design principles, RESTful architecture, GraphQL, and other relevant API paradigms.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, Node.js, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with API management tools, versioning, and documentation platforms.
- Strong knowledge of security protocols, authentication, authorisation, and data protection.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and microservices architecture.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically while also being detail-oriented.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across diverse teams.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex API projects from conception to production.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.