Paralegal / Senior Paralegal - Regulatory
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As a Klarna paralegal, you will be part of a global and cross-functional team comprised of colleagues from other competences, such as analytics and business operations. You will coordinate and drive strategic regulatory queries and reviews, solve complex problems and find smart solutions around regulatory interactions, new and changing regulations and financial licenses. The team is responsible for managing all interactions with regulatory authorities, maintaining an overview of all of Klarna’s financial licenses, reporting and other ongoing regulatory obligations. You will work across multiple jurisdictions and work with both in-house and external lawyers and other stakeholders and work on establishing strong relationships with regulatory authorities. You should always first ask yourself, “What’s best for the company? Couldn’t we do it in another better way instead?” Your expertise and your never ending desire to learn more will drive your professional development. You are in the driving seat!
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to requests by authorities
- Maintaining an overview of our US financial licenses as well as related renewals and filings
- Execute on and coordinate US license related filings (e.g. renewals, ACNs, periodic reports)
- Coordinate with various stakeholders across competences, teams, and domains to obtain responsive documentation for regulatory requests
- Oversee and develop processes to ensure required regulatory requests and US license related filings are executed on time
- Manage contacts with state and federal authorities throughout the US
- Review and improve the legal aspects of existing routines and processes concerning US licensing and report filings
- Maintain US licensing information
- Professional experience as a paralegal (+2 years) from a top-notch law firm, the financial sector, telecom, the IT industry, or any other regulated industry
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn
- Experience using NMLS for corporate filings related to state licensure
- Strong communication and project management skills with a focus on stakeholder coordination and management
- Proven ability to solve problems in a global environment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Klarna Inc utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant, please use the link provided to access information on our use of E-Verify and your right to work. Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)
What we offer
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Klarna Inc: E-Verify and Your Job Applicant Rights
Klarna Inc utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant, please use the link provided to access information on our use of E-Verify and your right to work.
Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)