Lead Banking Operations - Card & Banking
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced leader to guide our Banking Operations team within the Card & Banking domain at Klarna. In this role, you will ensure the smooth and efficient running of daily operations, supporting the steady growth of our banking products. Your focus will be on delivering lean, high-quality banking services, ready to scale, while empathizing with our customers' challenges. You will manage and inspire a team of 10+ banking specialists, strategically developing the team for future growth and expansion of our Card & Banking offerings. This includes forecasting daily operations, performance management and ensuring business continuity, all in close alignment with our process and product owning teams.
- Leading a team of 12+ dedicated banking specialists managing daily operations within the Card & Banking domain, ensuring high-quality service delivery and compliance.
- Forecasting and planning sufficient capacity to meet service level agreements, managing team performance, and collaborating closely with the team’s coaching function to empower each individual.
- Working closely with process owning and product teams to continuously improve banking operations and the customers’ experience.
- Reacting pragmatically to changes in our fast-paced environment, taking over new tasks, and organizing the handover of standardized tasks to the outsourced first line support to build operational scalability.
- Developing the team's structure and strategy for the launch of our highly regulated products in further markets and new features that need to be operated.
- Identifying gaps and inefficiencies, raising them proactively, and advocating for continuous improvement.
- Building a network with stakeholders across the organization to work closely together and benefit from each other.
We’d Love to Meet Someone Who Brings:
- A Master’s degree or higher in business, economics or a related field, a successfully completed banking apprenticeship and is a strong plus.
- At least 4 years of experience in building, managing, and inspiring high-performing operations teams in consumer banking (including areas such as payments, customer & account management, garnishments, p-accounts, legal compliance, or others).
- Analytical experience. Being able to identify opportunities, quantify them and formulate requirements to guide management decisions. Advanced Spreadsheet skills [you enjoy working with Pivot tables and Vlookup], SQL & Python are a plus.
- Bringing a good understanding of operational excellence and continuous improvement frameworks.
- A can-do attitude. Some projects will be big, some may be small. You approach all initiatives with a positive attitude and are keen to get stuck in.
- Superior stakeholder management skills. You’ll be actively improving processes and will need to use the skills of multiple teams along your way.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German with the ability to clearly present ideas, updates and results to partners at various levels.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.