Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - Data Science Tooling
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are a team responsible for managing all the tooling and infrastructure requirements for all Data Scientists within Klarna. We enable DS to quickly build and run data science models on a highly available runtime environment on AWS. We are heavily involved in automating a model development lifecycle.
- Set up and manage data infrastructure, including provisioning and configuring AWS Instances, databases, and containers for data science environments
- Implement efficient monitoring, logging, and alerting mechanisms to ensure smooth operations and proactive issue resolution.
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and machine learning (ML) teams to support their development, deployment, and monitoring effortsImplement CI/CD pipelines for data science projects using Jenkins, ensuring continuous integration, and efficient deployment of ML models and algorithms
- Develop and maintain Python scripts to automate data pipeline tasks and increase team productivityEnforce best practices in data management, code versioning, and automated testing, fostering a culture of quality and reliability across the data science team
- Basic familiarity with data science models and ML concepts is a plus, enabling better collaboration with the data science team and providing valuable insights during the deployment process
- Cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Experience managing critical production infrastructure, ability to use monitoring and logging tools, to diagnose issues.
- Provide on-call support.
- Coding skills involve writing effective tests, using secure development practices, managing tech debt and deprecations.
- Ability to manage feature development and tasks independently, from ideation to delivery.
- Extensive experience with programming in Python and API frameworks like aio, http, flask and familiarity with popular data science libraries.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.