Corporate Secretariat - Legal Counsel
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As a Klarna Legal Problem Solver, you will be part of a global and cross-functional team comprised of colleagues from other competences. Your responsibilities will center around Klarna’s Corporate Secretariat that is responsible for ensuring that Klarna’s board, board committees and management committees operate in the best possible way. You should always first ask yourself, “What’s best for the company? Couldn’t we do it in another better way instead?” Your expertise and your never ending desire to learn more will drive your professional development. You are in the driving seat!
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the production of all materials for board and committee materials while ensuring top notch quality
- Planning and scheduling the annual cadence
- Driving automatisation of all processes, and leveraging AI to work in smarter ways
- Overseeing and coordinating all processes relating to the board
- Running the legal part of exciting product development projects
- Review and improve existing routines and processes from a legal perspective
- Monitor and advise on relevant legal and regulatory developments and trends
- Professional experience as a lawyer, company secretary or assistant company secretary (5+ years) from a top-notch law firm, the financial sector, telecom, the IT industry, or any other regulated industry
- Experience of corporate governance work including board support
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn
- Proven ability to solve problems in a global environment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.