Sanctions & AML Governance
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, and people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
As a financial institution, Klarna is committed to efficiently fighting financial crime.
We are growing and it shows! Klarna is continuously improving its AML/CTF and Sanctions Compliance programme and we are currently open for hiring an enthusiastic Anti Financial Crime expert who loves working to make Sanctions compliance a smoooth process, and actively help us upskilling our existing program to best meet the organisation’s needs in a changing sanctions environment.
As a sanctions professional at Klarna you will be part of our journey to build and scale our sanctions program, committed to achieving the same excellence as we build into our market-leading products.
Our sanctions program has a mix of very different people, with a range of expertise and experiences, but with a common passion for clever, practical and hands-on problem solving. Your focus would be on fostering improvements, big and small, within the complex area of international sanctions provisions and ensuring the organisation knows what’s what. No part of Klarna’s sanctions sausage machine will be off limits to benefit from your expertise and experience.
- You will be part of the team in Klarna’s 1st line of defense that owns the design, implementation and roll-out of Klarna’s global sanctions program.
- Crafting practically-minded governing documents such as policies and instructions, and training material.
- Assisting in the design and tuning of our sanctions screening infrastructure.
- You will apply your knowledge of the wide range of sanctions regimes that can apply in different markets, develop strategies on how to enable the business, while effectively mitigating sanctions risks - for example when a new product is being designed or a new market launch is being considered.
- You will also provide regulatory advice on sanctions issues and support the decision making process for complex cases.
- We would be happy to consider a candidate at an earlier stage in their career who shows drive and promise.
You should have:
- You have gained experience in Sanctions Compliance and you find the topic thrilling.
- The team you’ll be joining also works with anti-money laundering issues: Your ability to cover financial crime issues more widely as the demand arises would be a plus.
- Experienced in the design, implementation, maintenance or oversight of Sanctions Compliance Programs in the financial sector.
- Understanding of sanctions laws and their practical consequences.
- Ideally you have experience of practice in multiple jurisdictions.
- You like to understand the big picture and strategic challenges - but also show an interest in the details of data management and payment flows.
- Great at identifying risks and highlighting problems, but even better at solving them.
- Hands-on approach to work and not afraid to make clear statements and provide clear advice to guide the business.
- Relevant experience from a financial institution, regulator, government department and/or consulting or law firm
- Positive and inspirational approach
- A track record for thriving as part of a team
- Good communication, organisational and stakeholder management skills
- Strong drive and motivation to contribute to Klarna’s business
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?