Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Are you looking for an analytical role that gives you a great view of Klarna's overall credit performance as well visibility to the CXOs who depend on your analytical insights to drive Klarna's growth?
Then this is an exciting opportunity for you to explore!
The Credit Control & Analysis team (part of the CFO teams & Financial Steering) assumes a central first line of defense role that enables the CFO and broader management to get an independent view of credit risk across the bank. - The CC&A team actively participates in Merchant and Consumer Credit Committees. Thus, CC&A's combined responsibility of measuring and reporting on credit risks and risk appetites, as well as identifying, measuring, managing and controlling the overall adequacy of provisions, enables this function to provide a holistic overview of Klarna's credit risk. It also equips management with insights to challenge the business units and head of consumer and merchant offerings.
Day to day will see you
- Analysis: understanding the drivers of net losses, provision movements, and overall credit risks
- Data: ensuring accuracy and reliability of data on provisions and net losses
- Reporting: ensuring accuracy and timely delivery of the financial disclosures of losses in Klarna
- Bookclose: ensuring that provisions & net losses are calculated each month for all credit exposures on Klarna books.
- Governance: ensuring accuracy and stability of provisions and losses
Our main stakeholders are: - CFO & CAO - Underwriting - Group Accounting - Credit Loss Modelling - Business Control - Regulatory Reporting
You should have
- Experience: 1-3 years of background from consulting, investment banking, fintech/payments company, or other high growth organization with experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- A degree from a university in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a Business field.
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on financial services, ideally credit risk.
- Tech savviness with the ability to write rules for credit decisions.
- An understanding of how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C#, etc.).
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills.
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question the why!
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conceptual ability
- Significant drive and ambition.
Please send us a CV in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?