Interest Rate and FX Risk Strategist - Treasury Liquidity and FX Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets.
We're looking for an experienced Treasury specialist with a focus on interest rate and FX risk strategies to join our Liquidity and FX Operations team. This team plays an instrumental role in Klarna's Treasury function, responsible for managing and hedging Klarna's interest rate and FX positions to optimize risk appetite and capital requirements. The team is also responsible for management of the liquidity portfolio.
As part of this team, you'll be developing interest rate strategies, hedging, and modeling of Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) together with the dealers. You'll also be modeling FX and financial market-related risks and developing strategies for FX hedging. In addition to this, you'll also be executing transactions in fixed income and FX markets (if you haven’t done this before, don’t worry, we’ll teach you!).
What is Klarna’s Treasury like?
Klarna's Treasury is a varied and fast moving, so you can also expect to work together with the other Treasury teams on tasks relating to: capital planning and balance sheet forecasting, tracking and monitoring the funding and liquidity situation over time, Cash Management as well other ad-hoc tasks related to Treasury and Front Office activities in Financial Markets. Given that you will cooperate with other teams within Treasury, it’s therefore important that you don’t shy away from challenges and that you’re willing to learn new things when needed.
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive!
- You take great pride in what you do and love the feeling of having responsibility.
- You have a problem solving mindset and the ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- You are curious, prestigeless and open to new ideas. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo.
- You find it rewarding to be part of a fast paced and international working environment.
- You have strong attention to detail while not forgetting the overall strategy
- You love to be a part of a dedicated team where we all strive to find what is best for Klarna.
You should have:
- A university degree within science, engineering, mathematics, business or economics.
- Strong interest in financial markets and how they work.
- Several years' relevant work experience in the financial sector, with a focus on interest rate risk and FX strategy and hedging.
- Strong financial modeling, preferable SQL, and Python skills.
- Capacity to glean insights and draw actionable conclusions from data.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving abilities and a strong attention to detail.
- Additionally, you should also have a strong sense of ownership and accountability over the areas you'll be working in.
We are very happy if you also have this:
- Solid team experience where you’ve been part of a team.
- Experiences from working in an international environment with global stakeholders.
Please apply with your CV in English!
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?