Legal Counsel - Commercial
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
As a Klarna Legal Problem Solver, you will be part of a global and cross-functional team of colleagues from other competences such as product, analytics, business development, design, marketing, etc. This team is assigned to a problem space and tasked with generating solutions/products. You will solve complex legal problems involving multiple jurisdictions, consumers, partners, and authorities. Your challenge is to merge stakeholders’ expectations and legal requirements into simple and innovative legal products, processes, or contracts. You will be the first responder for any legal matter on your team. You should always first ask yourself, “What’s best for the company? Couldn’t we do it in another better way instead?” Your expertise and your never ending desire to learn more will drive your professional development. You are in the driving seat!
Key responsibilities include:
- Support our Nordic, Central and Eastern European sales teams in building and maintaining partnerships with our merchants and other partners by supporting in contract negotiations;
- Provide problem-solving legal advice relating to, amongst other areas, disputes, the GDPR, financial regulation and marketing law;
- Providing commercial advice to the business in connection with contract negotiations.
- Professional experience as a lawyer (4 - 10 years) from a top tier law firm, the financial sector, telecom, the IT industry, or any other regulated industry
- Preferably a German law degree, but not a must as long as you are comfortable negotiating and drafting agreements in German
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus on a specific area of law
- Proven ability to solve problems in a global environment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English and German
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?