German Tax Manager
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
- Be an integral part of the global tax and accounting functions, focusing on the management of German taxes.
- Research and advise on tax issues related to acquisitions, restructurings or other business initiatives.
- Manage the preparation and filing of tax returns, estimates, and extensions (the work is currently outsourced but the candidate can consider if it would be beneficial to bring elements in-house).
- Prepare the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures.
- In conjunction with accounting colleagues, develop and implement internal systems to compile information, as well as review and authorize the submission of tax reports to various levels of government.
- Support the organization on financial statement audits from a tax perspective.
- Manage tax authority audits.
- Manage the relationship with external tax services providers.
- Monitor the Company’s transfer pricing policies and related documentation, including coordination of annual transfer pricing study.
- Liaise closely with Indirect tax, Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing colleagues, as well as the Finance and Legal teams as required.
- Prepare and present reports to executive management on tax matters.
- Maintain policies and procedures related to tax and governing the tax function and ensure their effective implementation.
- Steuerberater qualification or advanced degrees in Tax or Accounting in Germany.
- Understanding of Tax Accounting and Reporting (IFRS and HGB).
- Good knowledge of German corporate income and trade tax matters
- Basic Value Added Tax knowledge
- Experience in the financial services or IT sector and with corporate groups would be advantageous
- Effective at working with key stakeholders and great coordination skills.
- Capable of owning complex projects with many stakeholders end to end.
- Attention to detail and a strong bias toward action.
- An ambitious team player who feels accountable for the full team delivery and contributes to a great team spirit.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in verbal and written English.
How to apply: Send over a CV in English.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?