Portfolio Credit Risk Senior Analyst
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What will you do
Risk Analytics is a team that is meant to have a broad global knowledge of Klarna´s credit portfolio and all of the data and processes connected to credit risk. The power of Risk Analytics is the possibility to deep-dive into different subjects related to credit risk that are not necessarily included within the problem space of individual operational teams. The scope is further set to bring together all products and countries into a portfolio perspective.
It´s crucial to work closely with the global credit risk group, the risk management team, and the domains support team by taking clear ownership over tasks and being able to deliver ad hoc tactical/strategic data-based analysis:
Day to day will see you:
- Support the head of credit running monthly consumer credit commiteé and own the weekly credit monitoring and monthly credit risk insights reporting
- Collaborate with the underwriting teams to produce deep dives or analyses of specific issues and present them to stakeholders in different forums (Monthly credit committee, for example).
- Set up credit portfolio monitoring to ensure the entire credit process works properly and measure the performance of the global credit portfolio. Use those insights to push for better risk management.
- Broad policy questions regarding the consumer loan market, the pink standards website, and the SFSA:s consumer loan report.
- Drive data/definition alignment toward the one source of truth approach for data within the Payment Method domain. Work closely with the teams that produce data and push for improved data quality.
- Be the owner that sets the proper net loss levels the domain will steer against and ownership of the credit stress test models and the scenarios for the ICLAAP report.
- Proactively and effectively communicating with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact, and proposing solutions/optimizations.
- Ensure metrics and strategies are fit for purpose in terms of the current credit environment and emerging risks (e.g. macro trends).
- Developing as a professional in an entrepreneurial organization provides the opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
- Using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Python, or similar) to analyze data and problem solve with the end goal of detecting trends and challenging the business.
- Experience in Underwriting and Credit Risk.
- A degree from a university in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a Business field.
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying opportunities in junction of profitability, product, and risk.
- Capable of driving CXO forums and asking the right questions
- Capable of driving process improvement workstreams end-to-end.
- General regulatory and accounting knowledge when it comes to credit risk accounting (e.g: IFRS 9, capital requirements, etc)
- Set the standards for continuous improvement
- An understanding of how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages, is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C#, etc.).
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills.
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question the why!
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Role is based in Central London (Holborn) however flexible working is supported and can be further discussed on application. Occasional travel to Stockholm may be required from time to time
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?