(Senior) Data Scientist - Model Validation
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
As Data Scientists, we are seeded throughout Klarna’s businesses, either in small technical teams owning a problem space, or embedded as experts in cross-functional teams containing Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and more. We work hard to build Data Science products that our customers will love, and we take great pride in owning models end-to-end, from prototyping to production. You can check out some of our recent projects at engineering.klarna.com.
As a Data Scientist in Model Validation, you will:
- Audit, validate and challenge Klarna’s first line models across a range of business applications.
- Research and develop alternative models, methodologies and techniques to further improve the quality of Data Science products.
- Take an instrumental role in risk management at large, to ensure the continued success of Klarna’s Pay Later, Financing, and Card products in numerous global markets.
- Liaise with executive staff and regulatory areas effectively on Klarna’s behalf.
- Collaborate with extraordinary people from all over the world, each with their own perspective, background, and expertise.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe that you will have:
- Experience related to risk, portfolio management, banking, finance, model validation, or product analytics.
- Experience developing classification models with machine learning techniques.
- Experience working with Python, SQL and Git, and an understanding of the concepts behind cloud computing technologies.
- A deep understanding of the theoretical foundations behind classical and recent machine learning models and algorithms, such as generalized linear models, random forests, ensemble methods, and deep neural networks.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Great communication, organization, and team working skills.
- A university degree in a highly technical, numerate subject (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Economics).
Please send your CV in English.
Unfortunately we cannot offer relocation for this role and can only consider candidates currently based in Sweden or Germany.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.