Senior UX Researcher
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
UX Researchers at Klarna deliver insights to drive product development and design based on customer feedback. You will partner with product managers, marketers, analysts and product designers to conceptualize products, iterate on user journeys, and evaluate and refine user experiences. You’ll challenge teams to make data-driven decisions and keep the user in focus.
As a UX Researcher at Klarna, you will have the opportunity to work with different products in areas such as shopping and payments. We are particularly seeking researchers with experience in B2C products, e-commerce and the German market.
What you'll do as a UX Researcher
- Deliver critical insight to drive user-centered design and product development
- Synthesize existing research and data to identify user needs and product refinements
- Craft findings deliverables to share insights, provide recommendations, and convey the user’s perspective to product teams
- Be a strategic partner to key decision makers, helping to shape their vision for product development. Challenge your team constructively to leverage insights and build great products for our users
- Own fast-paced projects in a rapidly changing consumer market space, paying close attention to research quality
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Marketeers, and others across Klarna to develop research infrastructure
Who you are
- You have at least 3-5 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- You have a background in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Data Science or a related field, or have equivalent practical experience
- You have a strong working knowledge of user research methods, including when and how to apply different methods in various scenarios
- You are passionate about understanding your customers and bringing their voices into the design and development process
- You are comfortable helping others from related disciplines develop their research expertise
- You have a keen interest in consumer-facing products, finance, e-commerce, or related fields
- Experience with user experience analytics tools (FullStory, Google Analytics)
- Experience with prototyping tools (Figma)
- Fluent/native German language
What to include in your application
- A CV in English
- Optional: A portfolio of your work
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?