(Senior) Business Analyst - Czech/Slovak speaker
Prague, Czechia · Europe
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are looking for bold, dynamic and ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
Who you are
We are looking for a (Senior) Business Analyst to join our rapidly expanding Partner Success Team in Prague. You will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and optimizing a portfolio of merchant partners across a multitude of verticals. You’ll be a key member of an international team and will have the opportunity and autonomy to contribute in a meaningful manner to the overall success, retention, and growth of Klarna’s global business.
What you will do
In this role, you’ll own the analytical responsibilities across your portfolio while being a critical thought partner to your manager. You will support the team across a multitude of functions from financial analysis and modelling to deriving key insights and actionable recommendations across complex merchant data sets to improve performance.
- Understand the market dynamics
- Understand the implications of pricing and underwriting
- Recommend ways to impress and come with actionable insights based on data
- Understand both the Merchant and Klarna’s business by leveraging internal and external data
- Come up with different scenarios to support negotiation strategies
- Monitor in order to find ways to optimize for both external parties and Klarna
- Managing multiple stakeholders and co-ordinating across teams
- Business planning, budgeting, forecasting and tracking of KPIs
- Profitability analyses, business cases and ad-hoc analyses on merchants, consumers, segments, products or competitors
- Understanding the regional risk policies and risk profile, be a key stakeholder in driving optimization and customization of specific policies
- Monthly follow-up of team / domain P&L, providing comments and insights
- Merchant pricing and analytical sales support
- Ability to deliver data visualization based on raw data sets that enable data-driven decisions for stakeholders
- 2-4 years of background from consulting, investment banking, fintech/payments company, retail e-commerce or other high growth organization with operational experience in a quantitative or analytical role
- Positive solution oriented mindset and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills set: the ability to identify and isolate trends and connect them to customer behavioral patterns, and business impacts
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets experience is a requirement.
- Ability to effectively communicate actionable data-driven insights to all audiences
- Self-starter and resourceful mindset with a passion to learn and succeed
- SQL experience strongly preferred, with a willingness to further develop the skill
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Czech/Slovak and English speaking are mandatory
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Please note that we don't offer relocation assistance for this role.
Please send us a CV in English in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?