HQ SPAIN (REMOTELY- MAD-BCN-) Data Scientist
You will be part of our Data Science team, called “Labs”, a team formed by 5 Data Scientists, with senior and mid profiles, working on a quite wide set of challenges.
We are looking for a technical profile that is willing to take ownership of key projects from beginning to end (data analysis, business impact, technical solution). Few examples of the responsibilities are:
- Take full leadership of a project, being able to start it from scratch and bring it to production synchronizing with other Data and Software Engineers.
- You should have a very strong technical understanding of the statistical methodologies to use and how the algorithms work behind the scene.
- Being able to brainstorm and collaborate with other colleagues, documenting your project, describing insights and ideas, and keeping up with date stakeholders with sync, slack, and email.
- You should be willing to learn and apply very good practices in anything you do, but in particular when writing your code (analysis, features engineering, model training, experiments). We use collaborative tools like Google Collab but we also store our analysis and models in GitHub repositories, to do Pull Request andfine-tunee our code.
- Ability to deal with stakeholders (less technical) collecting requirements, and thinking in advance to future needs.
Few examples of projects include:
- Work on the Worker Quality Score model of our users and clients, using the various different types of data sources we have to be a fair model that can estimate the performance and the engagement of the users with that specific client environment.
- Work on the Candidate Quality prediction, forecasting what kind of performance these new candidates (people that never worked with us) will have for a specific job position.
- Work on the Matching Algorithm, improving the Learning-to-Rank model that is combining multiple algorithms to match the best workers and candidates to a given job position.
- Work on the scheduler optimization algorithm, a Linear Programming model that is able to find the optimal shifts from a given demand as well as assign the best workers considering their abilities and preferences.
- Work on a forecasting model that can predict the upcoming demand of vacancies, estimate if our marketplace already has enough workers for this demand, and in case notify Marketing or other departments.
The Data Team is a quite independent department formed by BI, Labs, and Engineering teams. All the teams work very closely, and we take care of deploying our own models and solutions. This makes us very flexible and able to move quickly to maximize our impact.
Requirements and Skills
- Technical degree in Engineering or Quantitative field, a Ph.D. is a plus.
- Preferred a mix of experience in both startup and big enterprise environments
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge in Statistics (hypothesis testing, supervised and unsupervised models, etc.).
- Strong programming skills with Python and SQL. Any other language is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Strong experience in advanced Data Analysis, data retrieval, cleansing, investigations, etc.
- Experience in code collaboration (PR/code review, good practices), CI/CD, monitoring and logging services, and solutions.
- Experience in at least 2 of these topics (ordered by importance):
- Classification and Regression problems.
- Information Retrieval.
- Operations Research, in particular with Linear and/or Constraint Programming.
- Computer Vision (mainly document detection and recognition).
- Natural Language Processing.
- A plus, experience with Spark, Apache Hadoop, Airflow.
- A plus, experience with ML libraries such as XGBoost, TensorFlow, Or-Tools.
- Fluent in English is a must, able to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
Offer in Short
- Great ownership of the projects with a direct impact on the product.
- A complete benefits program that includes flexible remuneration through expenses for restaurants, transport, childcare, and health insurance.
- A yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
- Possibility of working remotely.
- A yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
- Working in an international and multidisciplinary team
You will be working in the Data Science team (read the last blog posts), together with Full-stack Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts.
How the Jobandtalent Engineering team is structured?
- What we call “Product Team” includes the Product & Design, Tech, and Data.
- Product & Design ⇒ all the Product Owners and Designers that belong to the different Product Features teams (cross-functional teams that take care of some specific parts of the product).
- Tech ⇒ includes all the main engineering profiles and guilds, such as Backend, Frontend, Android, iOS, and Platform. The majority of them are embedded into the Product Features teams to create our extremely independent and cross-functional teams.
- Data ⇒ includes three different teams, namely Data Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering.
How the Jobandtalent Data team is organized?
- The Data team includes three different teams that work very closely together.
- The Data Engineering one owns the data pipelines and processes that generate the data needed by our Data Warehouse, and thus by the entire Jobandtalent.
- The Data Science team, which owns all the models used by the Product teams
- The Data Analytics team is composed of two types of profiles: (i) Product Data Analysts, which work embedded in the Product Team following a Hub’n’Spoke approach, and (ii) Data Partners, which are working closely with other departments such as Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc.
How do we organize the tasks and the planning?
- We are very data-driven, we have clear KPIs for each project, team, and goal.
- We define strong OKRs for every quarter, we work with bi-weekly Sprint (each team has its own JIRA Project), and a Data PM is leading the delivery processes and metrics.
- Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that heavily relies on tech. We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring, and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients, and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
- Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create a long-term job security condition for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing–or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
- Data-Driven: Being the owner of the entire hiring funnel, workforce management, and working experience, give us very unique data that we transform into powerful knowledge to make better decisions, improve job-candidate matches, estimate quality and affinity, and share performance feedback with our workers and clients. We are the most advanced workforce on-demand company thanks to our data and the way we use it.
- Great Challenges for the Data Team: Integrating very different AI solutions to improve the experience for both our workers and employers (Shift Optimization, Machine Learning algorithms, Quality Score Estimations, Document recognition, etc.), relying on a very powerful ETL that permits endless automatizations while keeping the focus on data quality.
- Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170%, available in multiple countries: the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in the UK, The Netherlands, and the USA. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Just Eat, etc.
Join us in one of the hottest startups in Spain, breaking into a new market worldwide, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!