Who we are
FloodMapp is a rapidly growing technology company with the important mission to build a safer future. Flooding is the costliest natural disaster, causing billions in damage and taking thousands of lives across the globe every year. FloodMapp delivers real-time flood intelligence to emergency managers, supporting them to prepare, respond and recover from flood events. We work with asset owners to prevent damaged streamline recovery efforts to keep lights on and roads open. We work with government agencies to improve safety and save lives through targeted evacuations, road closures and swift water rescue. In the face of a changing climate, we help communities adapt, to increase resilience, and recover from disasters.
At FloodMapp, people are our main focus, because hard problems require an exceptional team. As a diverse team, we value people & empathy, integrity & accountability, innovation for growth and communication. Everyone learns from each other. Everyone is passionate about solving a growing global problem and making a global impact. We all work to build a safer future.
We believe that the unique ideas brought from all of our amazing team is one of the keys to our success. To create an inclusive and diverse culture, we encourage and celebrate applicants of any race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Are you passionate about building a safer future, and looking for a role where you can make an impact? FloodMapp is seeking an accounting professional to join our growing finance team. Reporting directly to our Head of Finance, you will be responsible for a variety of financial tasks crucial to the success of our business, including invoicing and collecting accounts receivable, performing weekly reconciliation of accounts and providing financial planning and analysis. You will help identify areas for streamlining processes and achieving greater efficiencies while assisting with the daily operations of our finance department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly book-keeping (Xero), coding any expenditure and revenue
- Preparation of Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of fortnightly Accounts Payable run and inter-company bank transfers
- Preparation and lodgment of Payroll Tax across multiple states
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly business activity statements Invoicing, customer cash collection and debtor reporting
- Assist tax accountants (external) with income tax return and R&D claim as required
- Liaising with external auditors and banks as required
- Assist with grant funding submissions and reporting
- Assist with capital raise activities
This role is part time, ideally 3 days a week (with opportunity for additional hours as the role grows).
Your Skills & Background
- Bachelor or Accounting or Commerce, or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and finance systems, practices and processes
- Strong Microsoft skills - power user of MS Excel
- Use of Xero or similar cloud-based accounting system
Who we look for
We believe that the unique ideas brought from all our amazing team is one of the keys to our success. We’re looking for someone who is mission driven, with a keen eye for detail and desire to probe and interrogate further into data. We’re a fast-moving start-up company, and we are looking for someone who is able to juggle multiple priorities and manage deadlines. You will be determined, relentless and love to continuously problem-solve. You will be highly organised and willing to innovate. You will have a passion for process development and improvement. You are mature with a professional attitude and work style.
Your Pay & Perks
- Paid day of birthday leave each year
- Paid reboot leave each year to promote mental & physical health
- Employee Wellness Program
- End-of-Trip Facilities: bicycle parking and showers with a free towel service
- Team events & celebrations
- Free aeropress coffee (don’t worry the team will show you how to brew it)
- Well stocked snacks in the office
- We’re based in The Precinct with the QLD AI hub, and there are regular tech meetups and social events for all of the startups based in the building
- Brisbane, Australia.
- You should have full working rights to live and work in Australia.
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply’, sending your resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to join our mission.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Don’t count yourself out just yet. Studies have shown some individuals are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At FloodMapp, we are dedicated to building a diverse workplace based on merit, great work ethics, and character. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job advertisement, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. We look forward to hearing from you!