Operations Performance Lead - CDI
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (350+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 13 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes’ growing product range and market reach – from Natural catastrophes to Cyber, from Europe to North America and Asia, from agriculture to hospitality, from a MGA model to direct insurer… - is supported by a portfolio of operational projects deployments. Each deployment starts with the need to deliver bespoke business projects, before undergoing a scaling phase to build Descartes’ engines fostering growth and efficiency.
Your role will be to drive and support in several ways to ensure these goals and initiatives are met. You will report to the COO (Chief Operating Officer).
The role will be 2-fold:
OPERATIONAL 360 COORDINATION
- Coordinate interactions between Operations / Finance and all other departments – Legal, Business, Underwriting, Software, Risk, Audit, … - both through committees and on bespoke topics;
- Handle presentations involving Operations / Finance both internally – towards our investors and our internal governance instances - and externally – with our current and prospect partners;
- Determine key performance indicators and how to measure team performance;
- Filter key information as it gets shared up through executive ranks.
STRATEGIC OPERATIONAL PROJECTS DELIVERY
- Lead and follow-up on strategic planning scheduling for the portfolio of operational projects deployments. These projects involve, for instance, implementing new products and branches, deploying new capacity sources, unrolling new partnerships and implementing new tools, either developed internally or externally;
- For projects involving Descartes’ development, data and software teams, ensure specifications, solution deployed, budget planning and test phases are closely monitored to efficiently address operational needs.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed a master’s degree from a leading Business or Engineering school;
- Minimum 2 years in a position involving project management, ideally in consulting or strategy or a similar position in a fast-paced environment;
- Previous experience in insurance is highly valued.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal communication) – required;
- Good command of one additional language (e.g. Spanish) – valued;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial acumen.
- Results oriented, high energy, and self-motivated with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity;
- Motivated to help improving businesses’ and communities’ resilience to climate change.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Generous compensation and benefits package based on candidates experience & qualifications;
- Participate in continuous training and development both on product and industry standards;
- Be part of an international team;
- Work in an environment which encourages innovations, collaboration, new ideas and contributes to change the way insurance is done.
HOW TO APPLY?
You meet some but not all of the expectations above? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.