CEO Office Associate - CDI
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (350+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 13 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
The Business Analyst will work closely with the Chief of Staff to the CEO on various strategic topics. This role is a great opportunity to join a growing team, to explore many aspects of a tech start-up at the forefront of innovation in insurance and to get a 360-degree view of the start-up and insurance environments.
SUPPORT TOP MANAGEMENT (CEO OFFICE)
- Conduct research, understand issues/trends and provide key business insights to support the CEO’s decision-making on a large variety of topics (e.g. regulatory, administrative, HR, operations, etc.);
- Support in preparing the CEO’s interactions with external stakeholders (e.g. government entities, institutions, partners, media, market players);
- Prepare material for key internal meetings, monitor deadlines and ensure follow-up actions (e.g. steering committees, monthly companywide meetings).
DRIVE RELATIONS WITH INVESTORS & THE START-UP ENVIRONMENT
- Prepare material and analysis for the advisory committees and other meetings with investors;
- Monitor operational and ESG KPIs and prepare reports for investors;
- Own interactions with key stakeholders in the start-up environment (e.g. Finance Innovation, French tech) on defined issues.
MANAGE STRATEGIC PROJECTS
- Drive special projects related to strategic priorities, planning and business improvement:
- Projects are typically cross functional and include multiple stakeholders across departments and hubs;
- You will fully own projects managing timelines, resources and deliverables;
- Past projects include: support the opening of a new hub in Asia (e.g. legal, administrative and HR aspects); coordinate the implementation of key processes to ensure smooth set-up of Descartes Insurance (risk carrier entity) launched in December 2022.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed a master’s degree from a leading Business or Engineering school;
- 1-2 years’ experience in consulting or/and strategy or a similar position in a fast-paced environment;
- Previous experience in insurance is highly valued.
- Fluency in French and English (written and verbal communication) required;
- Result oriented, rigorous and analytical;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability and willingness to clearly articulate ideas;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel and willingness to adopt new tools.
- Inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn more about the insurance industry;
- Commitment to the organization’s mission;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Autonomy and ownership in his/her work;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Benefit from continuous learning and development opportunities (e.g. annual seminars, training etc.);
- Benefit from a competitive compensation and benefits package, in accordance with your experience & qualifications;
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team;
- Benefit from days working from home.
HOW TO APPLY?
You meet some but not all of the expectations above? Motivation and personal fit are key elements for us!
If you want to develop more skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and offering equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.