FP&A Analyst - Intern
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (350+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 14 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes Underwriting is seeking a FP&A Analyst Intern to join our Financial Planning and Analysis Team. You will report to the Financial Planning and Project Lead and you will be a key contributor of the deployment financial strategic projects. The applicant will be in close and effective cooperation with all business units and play a vital role in the following activities:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
You will participate in the efficiency of the company’s financial management :
- Build and analyse monthly financial reports to the management board and Investors;
- Develop KPIs and provide ad hoc financial analysis;
- Set up the tools adapted to the needs to automate and optimize the reporting of financial information.
You will be part of the Finance team as a true finance builder to support Descartes’ growth :
- Design and implementation of the financial framework for future activities in a regulated environment;
- Support to international expansion.
You will help to set our financial organization for scale and success :
- Proactive in the optimization of processes in an international and scaling company;
- Assist the implementation of new financial solutions and software when need be;
- Work with Tech and Ops team for the integration of the accounting and financial tools with other BU systems.
Descartes is growing fast and many exciting projects are waiting for you. It's a unique opportunity to take a closer look inside a fast-growing start-up with huge ambitions!
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current master’s degree from a Business or Engineering school ;
- An internship experience in corporate finance, transaction services, M&A, private equity and/or audit is valued.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel ;
- Eye for quality, autonomous and attention to detail ;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) ;
- Professional English.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry ;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment ;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity ;
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING ?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.) ;
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment ;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity ;
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers ;
- Benefit from a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.